Sunshine Coast Skydivers, Caloundra, Queensland - Terms & Conditions
1. Sunshine Coast Skydivers Booking Terms & Conditions
- 1.1. At the time of booking, validity of various offers should be confirmed as we reserve the right to change without notice.
- 1.2. All bookings are given an ‘Arrival/Check in’ time. Please note this is NOT a “skydive” time. Whilst we endeavour to complete an individual’s tandem skydive within 2 hours of arrival, we advise you to arrive with no time constraints – this means you should plan for the skydive to be a whole day’s activity. Safety is our main concern and factors such as wind, cloud, rain, thermal turbulence etc as well as other factors such as air traffic can affect the time it takes to complete your skydive activity. Weather can change for better or worse in minutes, and you will be unable to skydive unless you are at our Drop Zone. Weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances can also mean that Sunshine Coast Skydivers may need to alter the altitude of the skydive; if this is the case, you will be asked if you want to jump from the allowed altitude - with a proportional refund reflecting that altitude, or you can choose to land with the plane and rebook or you get full refund.
- 1.3. As aircraft are mechanical and periodically become unavailable, we reserve the right to change aircraft type without notice. Please note that this may mean the load sizes might also change without notice.
- 1.4. On occasion, these aircraft changes and Air Traffic Control (ATC) may require Sunshine Coast Skydivers to change our required altitude and number of participants in a plane.
- 1.5. Medical conditions which could affect your safety should be discussed with your doctor prior to your booking. Some conditions (but not limited to) include pregnancy, heart conditions, high blood pressure etc
- 1.6. No alcohol or 'recreational' drugs are to be taken for at least 8 hours prior to arrival. Please advise us if you are taking prescription medication.
- 1.7. Minimum age is 12 years old and all minors must have a legal guardian present on the day of the tandem skydive.
- 1.8. All persons are subject to Tandem Master assessment. Weight over 100kgs is subject to Tandem Master assessment on the day.
- 1.9. Discount vouchers/coupons are valid only for DIRECT BOOKINGS with Sunshine Coast Skydivers.
2. Sunshine Coast Skydivers Booking Changes/Cancellations Policy
- 2.1. To change your booking to a different date and time, we require 48 hours notice or your deposit(s) will be forfeit. Please read our Sunshine Coast Skydivers Refund Policy, point 8, below.
3. Sunshine Coast Skydivers Group Booking Policy
- 3.1. If there is more than one person booking for tandem skydiving, it is the group organiser’s responsibility to ensure everyone in their group understands and accepts the Sunshine Coast Skydivers Terms and Conditions.
- 3.2. Group booking organisers must assist Sunshine Coast Skydivers staff by providing a group organiser contact and organising individuals who wish to tandem skydive together.
- 3.3. Last minute additions to a group booking are required to pay in full prior to arrival at the Jump Centre, Caloundra Airport.
4. Sunshine Coast Skydivers 'Skydive-in-a-Can" Terminal Velocity Gift Vouchers Policy
- 4.1. 'Skydive-in-a-Can" Terminal Velocity Gift Vouchers are bought subject to the recipient (person making the skydive) meeting and agreeing with these Terms & Conditions.
- 4.2. Vouchers are FULLY REFUNDABLE within 28 days of purchase TO THE PURCHASER (person making the original purchase) only, and provided that the 'Skydive-in-a-Can" Terminal Velocity Gift Voucher is returned in full including the unworn Tee-shirt.
- 4.3. After the 28-day 'Chickening Out Period' 'Skydive-in-a-Can" Terminal Velocity Gift Vouchers are transferable but NON-REFUNDABLE.
- 4.4. 'Skydive-in-a-Can" Terminal Velocity Gift Vouchers are valid for six months from date of purchase and expire without refund after this time.
- 4.5. Treat your voucher like cash and take care not to lose it. Lost or stolen gift vouchers are non-refundable and no replacements are available.
- 4.6. Your 'Skydive-in-a-Can" Terminal Velocity Gift Voucher' must be presented at check-in on arrival. Without your voucher you are unable to skydive.
- 4.7. As per acceptance of these Bookings Terms & Conditions, failure to show on your scheduled date and time will render your voucher invalid (i.e. the whole voucher amount will be forfeit.) Please also note that once booked, any changes to your skydive arrangements must be made 48 hours PRIOR to your/the skydive or will incur a charge of $100 from the voucher amount.
- 4.8. The 'Skydive-in-a-Can" Terminal Velocity Gift Voucher' Purchaser must advise Sunshine Coast Skydivers in order to transfer a gift voucher. If lost, gift vouchers will not be re-issued.
5. Sunshine Coast Skydivers DVD & Photo Terms & Conditions
- 5.1. DVDs and photographs purchased from or supplied by Sunshine Coast Skydivers retain the copyright of Sunshine Coast Skydivers and may only be used or reproduced by the purchaser or recipient for private or domestic purposes and must not be used for any commercial purpose, including promotion of any supplier or any supplier’s products or services without the prior written consent of Sunshine Coast Skydivers.
- 5.2. Please be advised that, should there be any technical issues relating to camera/dubbing equipment, no warranties can be made against the individual skydive as the filming and skydive are two separate products.
- 5.3. Also be advised Sunshine Coast Skydivers record all DVDs in the modern (-R) negative format. Older style DVD players may only play in a (+R) positive format. All DVDs recorded by Sunshine Coast Skydivers are tested on the day of your tandem skydive.
- 5.4. DVDs are made available to all purchasers for viewing on that same day, should you wish to view it. Your acceptance on the day of the DVD will be deemed as your approval of the DVD being in full working order.
- 5.5. No refunds will be made available after your departure from our office. We keep original recording and if you have any issues with it we are happy to make you new copy for a small charge.
- 5.6. Whilst it is not mandatory to book a DVD or photographs it is advisable, as on some occasions a late change of mind may result in disappointment.
- 6.1. Sunshine Coast Skydivers will not divulge any client details to any Third Party with the exception of the APF (Australian Parachute Federation). Any information, we collect in relation to you, is kept strictly secure. We do not pass on/sell/swap any of your personal details for any commercial purposes whatsoever.
- 6.2. We use this information to identify your booking and provide you with information to fully maximise your experience with Sunshine Coast Skydivers.
7. Sunshine Coast Skydivers Payment Policy
- 7.1. We accept payment by
- PayPal (online bookings)
- Internet Bank Deposits
- Money Orders
Sorry, we do NOT ACCEPT PAYMENT by cheque, Diners Card or American Express.
- 7.2. All skydives must be paid for IN FULL, at least 48 HOURS BEFORE your skydive.
- 7.3. Bookings are not secured unless we have received the total payment at least 48 HOURS BEFORE the skydive
- 7.4. Your/the compulsory Australian Parachute Federation membership is included in all prices. No hidden fees or prices.
- 7.5. Where applicable, your/the Beach Landing is included in all prices. No hidden fees or prices.
- 7.6. Please note payments made with a credit card will incur a 1% surcharge. All split payments - i.e. $100 deposit per person followed by final payment one week prior to the skydive will incur a 1% credit card fee.
- 8.1. A booking is not secured until we have received full payment for the skydive.
- 8.2. Full payment for each skydive must be made at the time of booking.
- 8.3 In some circumstances, Sunshine Coast Skydivers may give approval for skydive places to be held with a minimum deposit payment of $100 per person. When such is the case, the final payment must be maid SEVEN DAYS prior to the skydive.
- 8.4. Any changes to a booking within 7-5 days BEFORE (i.e. at LEAST 48 hours before the skydive) incur a fee/loss of each individuals deposit of $100. Any changes/cancellation made at least 7 (seven) days before the booked skydive will be fully refunded/transferred.
- 8.5. Any cancellations WITHIN 48 hours of the skydive i.e. a cancellation after 7am Thursday morning for a 7am Saturday morning arrival time, will forfeit the full skydive amount.
- 8.5. Failure to show on the day, at the booked time for a skydive will result in the loss/forfeit of the full skydive amount.
- 8.6. No refund will be given to customers who refuse to jump after the aircraft is airborne.
- 8.7. All DVDs recorded by Sunshine Coast Skydivers will be tested on the day of your tandem skydive. DVDs are available to all purchasers for viewing on that same day, should you wish to view it. Your acceptance of the DVD on the day will be deemed as your approval of the DVD being in full working order. No refunds will be made available after your departure from our offices. We keep original recording and if you have any issues with it, we are happy to make you a new copy for a small charge.
- 8.8. CAMERA WORK: If both video & still photos are ordered and one system should fail, you will receive the successful format and a part refund for the format failure. i.e. Outside flyer DVD & Photos is $160. Refunds for equipment failure is $99 DVD $61 photos. If handcam system fails then a full refund of the DVD purchase price will be made. PLEASE NOTE: Due to the extreme temperature changes during a skydive, fog-up of camera equipment can occur which may mean your skydive cannot be recorded. Whilst we regret any occurrence of this (and it happens rarely), if it should do so, failure to record your skydive will not result of a refund of the skydive.
- 8.9. Credit Card fees (1% Surcharge) are non refundable even if 7 days notice is given.
9. Sunshine Coast Skydivers Copyright Policy
- 9.1 Copyright for all images (including, but not limited to: celluloid, print & digital skydive footage i.e. Exit Shots, Skydive video footage, skydive photos) taken & generated by Sunshine Coast Skydivers remains the copyright of Sunshine Coast Skydivers.
- 9.2 Written consent must be obtained from the Copyright owners before use or reproduction of images in any media or for any commercial usage whatsoever.
- 9.3 Sunshine Coast Skydivers reserved the right to use any skydive orientated image for their own use with regards to advertising and promotions..
10. Acceptance of the Sunshine Coast Skydivers Booking Terms & Conditions
- 10.1. Be advised that once a booking payment is received by Sunshine Coast Skydivers, it serves as authorisation of your acceptance of the terms and conditions stated. You also agree to further indemnify Sunshine Coast Skydivers, its associate companies, directors and associates against any risk or action related to your participation in your skydive.
Dated: 10 October 2012 and supersede all other versions.